How to solve the endless loop bug in Drupal when using Globalredirect and Internationalization

If you have been looking for hours (like I did) how to solve the "endless loop bug" that occurs whenever you switch to a non-default language on the homepage of a Drupal 5.X based web site, welcome.

There is a huge thread on the subject, with lots of patches, at the Drupal.org website.
After wasting some time looking for the best, I found that this patch is the one to use: http://drupal.org/node/153950#comment-718796

Just wanted to record this for future reference and in case it helps someone fix it faster.

BTW, whenever you update Globalredirect module, you will need to reapply the patch.

Comments

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.